Tuesday, August 7, 2007

All Dressed Up . . . with Somewhere to Go!

The little girl has a home! Granted, this one is the second attempt to find her forever family, but I really think this one will work out. She now belongs to a couple in their late twenties who do not have any kids yet, and she is their first dog as a couple. The wife called after 10:00 Friday night and left a voicemail, wanting me to call her back that night as they were very interested in the puppy. I called her back and the first thing she asked was, "Is the puppy still available?" She sounded like a really sweet person and someone who would take really good care of the little girl. We decide to meet halfway between our towns Sunday afternoon. As soon as I got the little girl out of the car, as they were getting out of their truck, she made a mad dash to them and it was love at first sight, all around. The husband was on the ground with her rubbing her chest within minutes. When the wife called her, the little girl ran right over to her and really seemed to like her. After finding out what their schedules are like (home by 3:00 most days) and making sure that they would have her spayed and get her vaccinations, regular checkups and heartworm prevention, I asked what they thought about her and they said they would love to have her. So we loaded up her stuff and sent her off to her new home.

The only thing I can say is, if they call and say that they cannot keep her like the first lady did, this little girl is MINE! I don't know how I would work it out with Bailey, but I can only give away such an adorable dog so many times, and two is definitely my limit.

All dolled up and ready to meet her new family

A girl's gotta have some pink in her wardrobe!




Just chillin' on the way . . .

(I kept checking to make sure she was back there. Bailey would need drugs to sleep like this in the car!)

Goodbye kisses!

No comments: