Monday, December 3, 2007

Vet Report

Bailey starts on the cyclosporine tonight, and I am praying like mad that it will clear up whatever is on his face and help with his walking. We really only expect it to help his face, but I'm praying for more. The vet said today that she thought his face was still pretty painful, though at home he only seems to mind if I touch it directly on one of the spots and then he simply pulls away. She also asked if she could do some xrays of his spine to see if maybe the problem with his legs really is something in his spine that needed time to develop enough to be seen on the xrays and MRI. Of course I said she could but they did not show anything. She also drew blood to do a full panel and check his thyroid. She really feels like whatever is wrong with him has not been diagnosed yet and is probably autoimmune and that the problem in his legs is probably related to the problem with his nose. I don't know what to think anymore. I wish someone had the answers and the cure!

We both cried while talking about him and I've been a wreck all day. I just want him to be well!

No comments: