Thursday, June 25, 2009

His Obituary Would Read . . .


Bailey Asher Amory Taylor Trouble Davis, 13 1/2, died Thursday, June 25, 2009, following a long, courageous battle with degenerative myelopathy. He is survived by his loving mommy, grandmother, aunt, uncle, two cousins and a large extended family. Born December 21, 1995, he was a devoted companion, fierce protector, singer of songs, and flying Frisbee catcher. He was also a vocal opponent of UPS and mail delivery vehicles. He loved his 376 toys and knew each one by name. He was widely regarded as an extremely intelligent individual. He was thoroughly spoiled and his mommy would not have had it any other way. He will be sorely missed and never forgotten. He shall remain forever in the hearts of those who love him.

What we have once,
we can never lose.
All that we love deeply
becomes a part of us.
-Helen Keller

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, Bailey Asher. I love you and miss you so much. I remember not wanting to move into a dorm for college because it meant leaving you. You were the most intelligent and the most loyal dog I have ever known. You had the life of a king here because you had the best mommy possible. I know that you know exactly how much she loves you, and everyone could see how much you love her. I hope you're having fun playing with your frisbees and doing your trick. I bet all the girls are impressed! And I hope you're playing with Daisy and Uno and Sammy and Zeke and all your other fur cousins. Tell them that just like you, they will never be forgotten or loved one ounce less because we can't be with them. We will see you again. In the blink of an eye.

Bailey's Mommy said...

Thanks for your loving comments, girly! How sweet that you didn't want to leave Bailey for college, even though he liked to eat your lip glosses, and he loved your blue sweats!!!! ;o)

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to hear this news. I hope things will get a little easier for you as each day passes. I know how empty your heart must feel. I will be thinking of you.

Teresa Reynolds